Manx cats have small or no tails which is the result of spontaneous natural mutation.Here are some other interesting facts about Manx cats
- Manx cats are considered as one of the oldest existing cat breeds.They have their origin in Isle of Man an island is Irish Sea.
- Due to their popularity in the country of their origin their picture was crowned on currency coins in 1988.
- Manx are classified into four groups on the basis of their tail lengths.The Manx with shortest or no tail is considered real or purebred Manx.
- See Tail lengths in Manx
- Manx comes in almost all color patters.Coat lengths may differ from cat to cat.They have round body structures with hind legs quite larger in length.
- Manx are often called Dog like cats means they have also have characteristics of a Dog.The most prominent of that is their loyalty and attachment to their owners.
- Image Source:petguide